Getting Ready with Bed Head Styling
Happy Sunday! This weekend I’ll be attending College Fashion Week in NYC with Bed Head Styling!
For special events like this, I like to stand out and wear my hair in a different way from my day-to-day look. See how I got the perfect full and bouncy waves using my Bed Head ‘A Wave We Go™‘ Tourmaline Ceramic Adjustable Waver! And look out for snaps from the show on my Instagram to get a sneak peek of the event!
Why I love this waver:
- Has an adjustable barrel to get just the waves you want! Tousled or defined, the 4 size settings lets you choose the look you want.
- Heats up to 400 degrees for even the thickest and most stubborn of hair.
- The instant heat recovery means you won’t fry your locks. I only takes a few seconds to achieve your desired result.
- Two (err) three words, auto shut-off! Yes, I am a culprit of leaving my hot tools on when I leave the house. (Sorry mom & dad).
How I styled my hair:
- Start with completely dry and detangled hair.
- Spray your tresses with a heat protecting spray.
- Starting from the bottom, section your hair into small, manageable sections.
- Once your waver has warmed up, start an inch from your root and lightly clamp down on a small section of hair. Then hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Continue down the section of hair following the pattern of the wave you just created until you reach the end of you hair. *When you reach the top of your head, start the waver a little lower down to avoid any weird bumps along your roots and hairline.
- Finish this look by misting with a flexible hold hair spray to lock in the waves.
- Lastly…play with your hair! This style looks better the more you play with it and loosen the waves.
I like a lot of volume so I used size setting #4 to get the deepest waves!
I have pretty thick hair and thought this would take forever…nope! I finished my entire head in less than 15 minutes and immediately loved the results.
*P.S. I am notorious for infrequent hair washes (I only wash my hair every 4-5 days). It’s not gross, I swear, but I don’t have greasy hair and my style always looks better as the days go on. So, I obviously let this style stay for a few days and it didn’t disappoint! The waves became a little softer each day and eventually turned into a perfectly tousled beach wave.
Thank you to Bed Head Styling and Her Campus Media for sponsoring this post!
Look for photos from the College Fashion Week NYC on my Instagram and check back next week for a recap of the event.
Have a great weekend everyone!